Articleship at Chokshi & Chokshi
Established in the year 1976, Chokshi & Chokshi (C&C) is a single window professional services firm focusing on providing high quality services one needs from a business advisory organization. We provide professional expertise and integrated range of Advisory, Assurance, Tax and International Auditing services to various Businesses, Corporates and Private Clients across the Globe. Our vast knowledge and expertise in various service areas enables us to achieve total customer satisfaction. We operate in India through our offices at Mumbai and Pune.
C&C provides a full suite of Advisory, Assurance, Tax, International Accounting services to various entities in their domestic markets and internationally. C&C ’s onsite experiences in Translation of Accounts to IFRS, Cross border set ups, Compliance & Process reviews etc. in South Africa, Mauritius, Oman, Seychelles, Dubai, Russia and other countries have enabled with the development of in-house skills, knowledge & expertise on the international arena.
C&C is an independent member of MSI Global Alliance, an association of independent accounting, business and legal consulting firms across the Globe comprising of 250 firms operating in over 100 countries worldwide. The network is a forum to exchange information, local best practices and the latest developments in accounting and tax practices across the Globe. This gives it an insight of International Developments from which to provide a strategic overview of clients’ international plans and aspirations.
Assurance service provides clients objective assurance in financial reporting and assists management to understand and manage business risks. C&C’s experienced professionals analyze the events behind the numbers, provide insight into the organization and make meaningful recommendations for improvement of business processes and compliances. C&C offers various services tailored to client industry including:
- IFRS / US GAAP reviews
- Risk Assurance
- Due Diligence
- Management Reviews
- Statutory Audits
Services – International Tax
The tax practice is developed around the needs of the clients, who are always looking for high quality advice and services both locally and internationally. C&C’sinternational reach, experiences and in-house research, enables to deliver an integrated and seamless service on a broad range of inbound and outbound tax matters, thus managing global tax risks. Tax savings solutions offered are aligned with overall business objectives. Services include:
- Inbound and Outbound Investment– Entity structuring to maximize tax efficiencies, identifying need based jurisdiction structures for investment in specific jurisdiction, advises on entry strategies, evolving optimal ownership structures such as International Holding Company, Treaty analysis, etc.
- Transfer Pricing – advises on appropriate Transfer Pricing Policy, regulatory compliances and assessments.
- Compliances: Preparation of submissions and making representation before fiscal authorities, Issuance of remittance Certificates, obtaining Permanent Account Number, filing of returns etc.
Services – National Tax
Services under National tax are offered under Indian Income Tax laws and Indirect Tax laws such as VAT /sales tax, Service Tax. C&C takes an integrated approach that starts with understanding the company’s business, its needs, outcomes it wants to achieve and then work towards these objectives and suggest customized optimal tax solutions. Services are offered to Corporate and High Networth Individuals across a broad range that includes:
- Attending to search / seizure / raids
- Due-diligence support in business reorganizations
- Tax Consulting
- Structuring Tax efficient contracts for employees, Optimising Fringe benefit tax
- Compliances: Preparation of submissions and making representation before fiscal authorities, Preparations & Filings of returns, Tax audits, VAT Audit etc.
Services – Advisory
C&C serve clients on a wide array of business and financial matters, regardless of industry sector. C&C’s planners understand the importance of having the right amount and type of information necessary to mitigate personal or business risks. Offering global reach with local experience, our capabilities are focused on the issues most important to our clients. C&C advise, formulate plans, and devise strategies for:
- Banks’ & financial institutions’ restructuring including benchmarking, recovery of non-performing assets, sick businesses & their turnaround, business viabilities
- Business Process redesign
- Cost reviews
- Cross border business decisions & collaborations
- Designing & structuring financial and management systems
- Evaluation of brands & businesses
- Foreign Exchange management advices
- Funds raisings from Capital Markets, Banks / Institutions
- Information Technology consulting & applications
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Valuations
- Using Information Technology for derivatives combination and product simulations
Services – Outsourcing
- International & domestic accounting
- Investment recording & calculations of capital gains / dividends etc. for remittances
- Maintenance of various books & records
- Payroll processing & related accounting
- Reconciliations of bank accounts, accounts payable / receivables etc.
To ensure seamless services and immediate responses to its clients, the above capabilities are based on its:
- Adherence to prescribed timelines
- Combination of working both on-sites & off-sites based on requirements
- Conversant with emerging technologies
- Dedicated team with domain experience
- Experience in latest accounting practices viz. IFRS, US GAAP translations, fund accounting etc.
- Fully equipped Infrastructure facilities with scope for scalabilities
- International exposures – audits, accounting, tax
- In-built processes for quality controls including maker checkers, client data confidentiality etc.
- Wide variety of service offerings
Services – Corporate Secretarial
Assist entities in:
- Set up of companies in & outside India ; Establishing branch, liaison offices etc. by foreign entities;
- Drafting of Joint Venture Agreements, Foreign Collaboration Agreements, other legal agreements;
- Conversion of entities, Preparation of partnership deeds, trust deeds, Memorandum & Articles of Association of Companies, Advisory on Corporate Laws;
- Conducting meetings, drafting Minutes, Filings of various Forms, returns and other regulatory compliances
C&C combines the efficiency and technical expertise with the intellectual and personal skills required to build close, successful client relationships. Our multi disciplinary team of over 100 professionals from diversified backgrounds comprises Chartered Accountants, Ph.D, MBAs, CISA, Engineers, CAIIB’s, Cost Accountant, Company Secretaries amongst others, enables the firm to deliver multiple services and expertise in tackling complex problems. Using its service-offering expertise, knowledge and technology capabilities, C&C assists businesses in identifying issues that can have various impacts in their workings & developing practical solutions. The original concept of service, predicated upon the personal attention of partners to the needs of the clients, has remained unchanged.